Friday, November 11, 2011

fall gallery wall

I might be a little late on finalizing my fall gallery wall knowing that Christmas is just around the corner, but my summer pictures had to come down.  I wanted to replace them with ones from our pumpkin patch visit.  It was such a fun time!


I love the mix of colors the fall season brings and I wanted to incorporate them into my gallery wall.


Again I brought in some of our front porch pumpkins and leaves, like I did here, and used them as accessories to the wall.  Instead of doing all pictures I like to frame different seasonal elements like I did with this pumpkin.  I printed it off onto colored card stock and framed it.  It was an image, along with the others, bought on Etsy last year.  Unfortunately, this seller is not selling these images anymore.  But I'm sure you could do a search and find something similar.




I just love these little pumpkins...they bring in an interesting pumpkin color variation.


I will do a post on the making of the letter "G".  It's really quite simply.  I drew the letter on a scrap piece of wood we had in the garage and my handy husband cut it out.  Then I cut stripes of linen fabric and wrapped it around. 





This was another image from the same seller.  I printed it off onto transfer paper and ironed it onto the fabric.  Then I stapled the fabric onto another piece of scrap wood and had cut into a square.  I've also framed several of similar pictures, but I like how this one looks more like a piece of canvas art.



I kind-of don't know why I did all this work when I'm going to be changing it soon for the winter season. 
I just can't get enough of looking through Christmas catalog after Christmas catalog.  I've checked out multiple issues of past years of several major magazines at the library.  I am so excited for the Christmas season!


I am in the process of taking these ornaments apart.  I made them 10-15 years ago and they need a face lift.  Plus I'm tried of the green and blue!
  Also I inherited a large tree that I might put up in our front foyer room along with our normal tree in our family room.  2 big Christmas trees in a small house with 3 children and a husband not liking the sound of that...hmmm will this work?  Stay tuned....

Thanks for stopping.

Bye for now!

Linking to these parties:


1 comment:

  1. I have a very similar setup of ledges mounted on a wall to hold family photos. But I love how you combined artwork and other decorations, too. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete