Thursday, July 14, 2011

summer birthday

  Last Friday was my daughter's 7th birthday.  It was a fun swimming/sleepover that went flawless!  I don't think I could ask for a better party!  We have had our blow-up slide for 3 years and this is her 3rd pool party.  But this year we had to add a new twist to it - friends sleeping over.


Here are just a few pictures of the party.


My banner matches the banner I have displayed on my front door wreath and my invitations.  I wanted everything to coordinate....I'm not sure anyone noticed, but I like that everything matches!


The paper lanterns are from Martha Stewart and I made the pom-poms for her website found here.







The orange flowers are made from crepe paper.  I really enjoyed working with that type of paper.  I will show in a few days how I made them.  I just recently saw a hair accessory that looked very similar to my flowers that were made out of tulle.  I might have to experiment with that as well.





Lastly is my yellow ruffle.  I absolutely love it!  I purchased 3-1/2 yards of a yellow cotton at Jo Ann's that was on sale for $1.99.  I didn't really care what type of fabric it was but I needed it to be yellow on both sides.  I cut it into 8" strips and ruffled it with my handy dandy elastic thread.  (I think I'm also going to ask for a ruffling foot for my birthday - I really like to ruffle!).  Then instead of sewing the strips together, probably like a normal sewer would do, I hot glued them.

I think the ruffle adds so much color and I couldn't be more pleased!





I'm really liking this brithday decorating thing!  I so like making it a fun atmosphere for my kids and their friends!
Poor handy husband got the job of blowing up water balloons - all 100 of them.  It probably took him 1/2 hour to do them all.  The sad part was that it literally took the kids 2 minutes to break all of them!


And one more picture of our dog, Mason, just hanging out and watching everyone play.  Good old dog!


Thanks for stopping.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment