Friday, October 18, 2013

DIY vase

Happy Friday to everyone once again!

I thought I would pop in and share with you my DIY vase. 

108

I’m sorry I didn’t take any before pictures, but my vase had a blue and yellow floral design.  I knew I wasn’t going to be using it as it was in my home again.  Instead of buying something new I decided I would transform this old vase that was just sitting in a basement cabinet.

011

I started off with using this spray paint I bought at Home Depot.  It’s paint and primer all-in-one.

spray paint

It went on so smooth!  I would definitely use it again!  It can in a variety of colors.

Below is an image from Nate Berkus’s new fall line at Target that I used as inspiration.  This vase is pure white with a solid black line.  I wanted a more off-white vase and I guess that’s the beauty of a DIY project; you can modify it to the way you want it to be.

14558152_201305271119

I do want my line to be more solid and I will probably go over it again.  I might even change the color of the line.  I worked on this project a couple of nights ago and my kids that I was insane.  I would do the lines and then wipe it off because I wasn’t happy with it.  That’s another good thing about a DIY project you can always paint over it or in this case I simply just wiped it off. 

013

Right now I like the new look to this old vase.  It’s the perfect size for what I have happening on the cabinet. 

017

Lastly I will leave with an picture of a project that I hope to get started on this weekend.  It’s my painting that I will hang above our couch in the living room.  I added texture and my handy husband built a frame.  I don’t know where I would be if he wasn’t so willing to help me out or honestly so handy at doing stuff for me.

020

Have a wonderful weekend!

Thanks for stopping!

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment