Friday, September 20, 2013

my little man’s bedroom inspiration

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday! 

I wanted to share with you my ideas for the little man in my family.

My little man would cringe if he knew that I was calling him that.  The very last line in one of our Lego books reads, “All in a days work, Men.”  He becomes very embarrassed when he hears the word “man” or “men” and he always replaces it with “people” instead. 

I wanted to create an inspiration board similar to that of what I would like to do for the girls’ bedroom.  My ideas are all grown-up.  I want a very handsome and mature room that he can grow older in and not feel to little kiddish.  He will still have all of his trucks, trains and Legos, but I’m doing away with all that kind of decoration stuff.  No more truck finnal curtain rod and holders that are falling off the wall!  Falling off the wall we can fix, but I’m tried of the transportation décor!

So hence my “little man” title. 

It’s a grown-up space with grown-up details….

little-man

As you can see I’m calling it “Little Man’s Handsome Adventure”.  I originally had in mind something outdoorsy.  Maybe outdoorsy camping…but we’ve really never been camping.  So for now I’m stickin with just the outdoorsy.  His Dad enjoys hunting, both Grandpas hunt and I’m sure he will eventually go hunting too.

I came across this fabric and it reminded me of the night sky with stars.  Some shining brightly and some a little less bright.  (I didn’t show it on the design board – I didn’t really know how to represent it into curtains).  Oh-well!

b7781ef02f835822086413f6a5d4d94e

But I still needed a jumping off fabric that several different colors could be pulled from.  Until I found this…

9492393908be14d6174c2867d85f762a

There are several different shades of blue that could be pulled from this one patterned fabric.  I’ve paired it with blacks, greys and browns.  Right now I am lovin the blues and blacks together.  It looks really sharp!

We have existing warm wood finished furniture pieces that will remain in the room and I’ve tried to represent their colors in the wood examples on the design board.

I drew a drawing of what I would like to do for one side of the room.  Just beware…it’s ROUGH!

drawing

My little man took one look at it and asked where is his train track was going to go.  Before I could think of a nice way of saying “it’s going downstairs” he started drawing the track where he thought it should go.  I’m OK with that!  It not in the walk way….it’s kind-of out of sight, and he’s happy. 

He could also see in the bottom left hand corner something new.  “What is that?” he asked.  I said “A chair.”  He said. “Where is my Lego table going to go?”.  In a similar polite fashion I tried to explain the positives why a boy would need a upholstered chair in his bedroom.  He was not having it!  I quickly reminded him that these were just ideas and not something that was going to happen anytime soon.  For all that he knows by the time that this design would become reality he might be well over Legos.

I hope you enjoyed taking a peek into my design thoughts for my little man’s bedroom.

Thanks for stopping!

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment