Thursday, August 22, 2013

a gold mirror (my second Craig’s list purchase)

I wanted to share with you my “second” Craig’s list purchase. 

If you missed my first you can read about it here.

I wanted to find an oval mirror preferably gold with some scrolling details to it.  It needed to be some what of a good size to hang in my daughters’ room above their dresser.

I’ve looked and looked and just couldn’t find anything in my price range online. 

As I have stated before, I’m constantly looking at Craig’s list.  And one day I find the mirror I’ve been searching for!  I contact the person through email and no answer.  Well I see it still listed several days later and email again.  Still no answer.  I probably emailed 10 times.  I thought maybe there was a glitch in their email and they didn’t get it.  I was noticing the item kept on getting renewed plus more items were being added by this person.  (I only knew this because the person was selling only mirrors and the reflection in the mirror was the same for each listing).

Then one day I noticed one of the other mirrors had just been renewed.  I quickly jumped on the computer and emailed them.  BOOM!  I got a reply!  The mirror was still available!  After     all      this      time!

A few days later I picked up the mirror.  I probably was at this person’s house for a whole total of 2 minutes.  I saw it, took out my money and I was out the door loading it into my car.

I know all of you are waiting on the edge of your seats, dying to see my mirror!

So without further ado…..

440

I love it!  It’s exactly what I envisioned for their room.  I wanted accents of gold and this mirror will definitely deliver.

Now for the rest of the family…..

My handy husband WAS NOT jumping for joy when I pulled up and neither were my kids, especially the ones that will be looking into this mirror everyday.

442

But I reminded them to wait-and-see the whole picture after the room is completed before they disregard a design element.

447

That being said I’m still very excited in putting their room together even though not everyone is on board.  I thought I would show you my “start” to their bedroom.  It’s going to be a VERY slow process and hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Thanks for stopping!

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment